F+U Language School > Visa and insurance
  Deutsche Version

FU Language schools



Information about getting visa for a language course at F+U Academy of Languages Heidelberg

You’re in need of a health insurance?
We work with MAWISTA and Care Concept AG.
We recommend tariffs without co-payments. All MAWISTA tariffs are free of co-payments, please check Care Concept tariffs individually.

Click here for MAWISTA.

Click here forCare Concept AG.

Click here for AOK.

Click here for Insurance-me.



Visa information

• No Visa for Germany is needed by EU-Citizens and and Citizens of the countries: Australia, Japan, Canada, Israel, New Zealand, USA, Switzerland, Honduras, Monaco or San Marino.
• IMPORTANT: Citizens of the countries above don't need a visa, but they do need a residence permit, for which you need to apply within 3 months after your arrival in Germany at the Foreigners' Registration Office (Auslaenderbehoerde). Like every German citizen, you also have to register in the Residents' Registration Office (Einwohnermeldeamt or Buergeramt).
• Citizens from all other countries (except for those above) need a visa for Germany.
Where can one apply for a visa?
• You can apply for a visa at every German embassy or consulate in your country.

Use this website www.auswaertiges-amt.de in order to have all important information. On the embassy/consulate website you can find information about the visa conditions and application process valid for citizens of your country.


Visa for language learning / language course

If you need a visa for language learning, you usually need to fulfil the requirements below. You receive this visa from a German embassy or consulate in your country.

Listed below you find the visa requirements. Please check them with the German embassy / consulate. Since the requirements can vary somewhat from country to country, we can not guarantee that they are correct also for your country.

  • Passport or travel document, valid for at least 3 months after the expiry date of your requested visa
  • Application forms, duly completed
  • Two photos
  • Language course registration confirmation or certificate of enrolment/participation and receipt for a course with at least 20 lessons per week for a duration of at least 3 months. (You will receive these documents from F+U after your registration and the payment of the course fees.)
  • Financial proof for your entire stay in Germany, such as your scholarship award, a recent bank book, a recent bank statement or fixed deposit statement (the equivalent of 720 euros per month must be anticipated)
  • Proof of health insurance might be required
  • Birth certificate and a written permission from your parents, if you are under 18 years of age

All documents have to be complete when you apply for a visa.
When applying for a visa, please take into consideration that it takes the embassy / consulate up to 3 months to finish the visa-application process.
Usually, a visa will be issued for 3 months and can be extended in Germany if necessary.
It is not possible to extend a tourist visa or modify the purpose of stay (i.e. from "tourist" to "language learning") after arrival in Germany.

First language course then studying

If you want to start studying at a university after your language course, you need to apply for a student visa. (This visa also allows you to attend language course/s before you start your studies at a university.) Please note that for the student visa you may need, in addition to the above-mentioned requirements, documents such as certificates, approval from a German university, APS, etc.. Please check with the German embassy or consulate in your country about the exact requirements for your coutnry. F+U helps you with information about studies and studying in Germany during your stay in the F+U language school.
It is not possible to extend a tourist visa or modify the purpose of stay (i.e. from "tourist" to "studying") after arrival in Germany.


If you need a visa:

  • Please check with the German embassy or consulate in your country for the exact visa requirements for your country.
  • Then register for language course/s
  • We will send you an acknowledgement of your registration.
  • After that, please send us the fees for the course/s for which you registered.
  • After the school has received the fees, we can issue and send the receipt and an invitation letter that you need for the visa application to you and/or to the German embassy / consulate.

Should the visa not be issued, the refund transfer of payment, less costs incurred, such as postage and bank charges, as well as an administration fee of € 150 is guaranteed by F+U. The rejection must be documented in form of an official confirmation and the presentation of the original invitation letter.

invitation letter for the german embassy

We will send the invitation after receiving the payment. Following information is needed for the invitation letter:
1) Country and address of embassy
2) Copy of passport
3) Payment document

Please find here our advice about a statement of motivation.



Provisional / conditional admission of international students to German universities and higher education institutes.

German embassies in several countries, particularly in Africa and Asia, issue a Study Applicant Visa or Study Visa only when conditional admission to a German university or higher education institute has been granted beforehand. With a Study Applicant Visa or Study Visa, applicants may attend a German language course in Germany and gain the level of German competence required for their final admission to a German university or higher education institute. We offer support in the application process for provisional admission and assist in forwarding your documents to the appropriate universities.

Administration fee: € 350*
Additionally, there are processing fees for the Universities and, where applicable, Uniassist. In both cases, the fee is expected to be € 50 - € 75.
* includes 4 applications for 4 German universities/colleges. For each additional application we charge € 50.

Internationale Berufsakademie Rhein-Neckar | Internationale Berufsakademie Darmstadt | Internationale Berufsakademie Berlin | Internationale Berufsakademie Erfurt | Internationale Berufsakademie Bochum | Internationale Berufsakademie Hamburg | Internationale Berufsakademie München | Internationale Berufsakademie der F+U | Akademie für Fremdsprachen | Betriebswirtschaftliches Fortbildungszentrum Akademie für Wirtschafts- und Sozialmanagement | Akademien für Pflege- und Sozialberufe | Heidelberger Privatschulcentrum | Chemnitzer Privatschulzentrum | Language courses at language school F+U Academy of Languages Heidelberg, Germany | Sprachkurse an der Sprachschule F+U Academy of Languages, Heidelberg Deutschland | www.mcse.de - Microsoft Trainings und Zertifizierungen für IT-Experten -->